COVID LOCKDOWN MEASURES: We are moving to full virtual learning until further notice.
CUSTOMER SERVICE READINESS PROGRAM
Next session starts June 28, 2021
Build your skills as a Customer Service Professional.
The STEPUP Customer Service Readiness Program will provide you with the soft skills and basic digital competency needed to increase your chances of employment in a highly people-oriented and increasingly computer-based field.
This FREE 8-week CSR program includes:
- Customer Service Fundamentals
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System Training
- Point of Sale (POS) System Training
- Microsoft Word & Excel Training and Certification
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills Training
- AODA Workplace Wellbeing Training and Certification
- Employment Workshops
- Resume and Cover Letter Preparation
- Mock Interviews
- Support Navigating the Online Job Market
- Job Coaching & Job Search Assistance
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Attained a CLBA 6 in Speaking and Listening (if a second language speaker)
- Successfully complete a Screening Assessment (computer basics, writing, and reading comprehension)
- Participate in a variety of individual and group learning activities both in-class and online
- Accept input and direction from instructors
- Participate in the full 8 weeks of training
- Have a positive attitude about learning and towards others
- Have access to a computer and internet
“The CRM tasks made me comfortable with processing orders and learning how to follow procedures when responding to customer inquiries or issues…I feel it would be helpful for those who are looking to improve their skills with customers.” – Graduate, STEPUP Customer Service Readiness Program
Frequently asked questions:
What type of identification is required?
You must provide a valid social insurance number and photo ID to validate your date of birth and mailing address to participate in any of our programs at PALC.
Do I need to have a computer to participate in PALC programs?
Atlhough we have student computers on-site at each location, during COVID lockdowns, students will be required to attend class virtually and need to have reliable access to a device and internet service.
I'm a second language learner. Do I need to provide proof of my CLBA test results?
Yes. You must have attained a CLBA level 6 in speaking and listening, and you need to be able to provide a copy of your CLBA test results
What are your program hours? Do I have to attend all classes?
You must be prepared to participate in the full eight weeks of training and attend classes from Monday to Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
I don't know if I'm ready to find work in the customer service field. Can I take the training anyway?
In order to successfully participate in and complete the Customer Service Readiness Program, all participants need to be focused on finding work in the customer service industry.
How do I register?
If you are interested in participating in the CSR program, call us at 905-495-2700, ext. 5 to book an intake assessment.
Would you like to register for the STEPUP Customer Service Readiness Program?
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you!
151 Superior Blvd,
Mississauga, ON L5T 2L1
180B Sandalwood Pkwy East,
Brampton, ON L6Z 4N6